The main objectives of the Councils are
- Registration of practitioners in Modern Medicine, Homoeopathic Medicine and Indian Systems of Medicine .
- Maintain professional standards and ethics among registered medical practitioners.
Main Functions of the Councils are
- Registration of qualifications recognized in Modern Medicine, Homoeopathic Medicine and Indian Systems of Medicines.
- Ensuring compliance of Code of Ethics by Registered Medical Practitioners and dealing with cases of unethical practices by registered practitioners.
- Accreditation to CME Programmes by allotting credit hours.